Application deadline – March 1, 2024
Manager, Business Development
It Gets Better Canada (IGBC) is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to support our charity’s growth, ongoing operations and sustainability.
IGBC is on an exciting trajectory forward, and we are looking for someone who loves supporting the growth of others, has a knack for logistics, and wants to make a positive difference for Canada’s 2SLGBTQ+ youth. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Manager of Business Development will drive our fundraising framework and oversee new and ongoing funding opportunities. The Manager of Business Development will develop and lead a comprehensive annual and multi-year development plan. This plan will encompass various essential elements, such as major gifts, annual giving and membership, corporate sponsorships, foundation and government grants, in-kind support, planned giving, and events fundraising.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to nurture and sustain long-term donor relationships
- Undertake prospect research to identify new potential funders through various sources
- Grow cause marketing partnerships to complement the annual campaigns
- Research and assess funding opportunities, e.g. grants, partnerships, foundations, etc.
- Oversee, produce, and submit funding proposals, applications, etc.
- Plan and execute various fundraising efforts throughout the year, including an annual fundraising campaign or event
- Accountable for establishing annual fundraising goals and other key metrics in consultation with the Executive Director
- Participate in IGBC meetings as requested
- Complete and compile all necessary paperwork for documentation
- Update all the information into CRM database to make reports and proposals, as well as track prospect and funding leads
- Support consulting projects including research, document preparation, and client support as needed
- Regularly evaluate programs & components to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to donors, and other constituents
- Stakeholder building and relationship management including school districts, government liaisons, foundations, community organizations and corporate funders
- Support the launch of our programs with day-to-day tasks, including coordinating schedules, managing the program calendar, and traveling across the country to deliver programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity and experience with the Canadian charitable, NFP, and philanthropic sector
- Experience working in a not-for-profit, 2SLGBTQ+ community and/or social justice environment preferred
- A strong understanding of, and familiarity with 2SLGBTQ+ communities is required
- Expertise and/or lived experience around 2SLGBTQ+ equity and inclusion
- Knowledge of Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression frameworks
- Understanding of Canadian charitable CRA regulations
- Demonstrated awareness of and experience with the donor/client relationship cycle (identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship)
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Experience using CRM systems
- Knowledge of advocacy work, program development, and/or program evaluation
- Structured problem solving and strategic thinking
- A compassionate and empathetic approach to working with all those around you, including young people in our network, coworkers, and other stakeholders
Position Type: Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $75,000 – $80,000 annually
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Remote, with occasional travel to Toronto locations required
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, a diverse and inclusive work environment, paid personal days, 3 weeks vacation, remote work option, flexible schedule, and the potential for further advancement within the organization.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Manager, Business Development Application”.
It Gets Better Canada is a national registered charity committed to helping 2SLGBTQ+ youth build a better future by connecting them to positive stories, practical tools and a community of supportive peers, adults and organizations.
It Gets Better Canada is an official member of the It Gets Better International Affiliate Network.